- end-users (“End Users“) of Our Customers’ websites (“Customer Website(s)“) of Our Customers (“Our Customers“) which make use of Convious Services as defined in this Policy, in respect of which, the End Users section of this policy applies; and
- visitors (“Visitors“) of Convious.com (“Our Site“), in respect of which, the Visitors section of this policy applies.
The following sections describe who we are, what we do and what terms apply for whom.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or issues you may have – we are happy to answer! You can reach out to Us by emailing us at email@example.com.
How does Convious work?
Convious is a Software as a Service solution that improves and enhances the customer journey of website users. We do this by combining Artificial Intelligence, user analytics and marketing automation. Convious gives the owners and operators of a Convious Enabled Site a platform to improve the end users experience and subsequent conversion ratio from visitor to paying customer.
Convious Enabled Sites insert a script onto their respective website which is transmitted to Our servers. This script provides a widget to Your computer or device accessing the Convious Enabled Site. This widget will then execute all necessary and applicable steps to improve the customer journey and experience.
Convious assists the owners and operators of Customer Websites in providing their End Users with a better user experience and customer journey from visitor to actual customer. Most importantly, through the Convious code and services, the functionality of the Customer Websites is iterated upon and improved constantly to realize better experiences and subsequent eCommerce results.
What does Convious collect
We may collect and process information which is automatically and passively collected, whilst You navigate through and interact with the content on a Convious Enabled Site, together with information on Your device or computer (such as cookies).
The sole purpose of passively collecting Your information is to enable the Convious platform to improve Your experience when using a Convious Enabled Site.
Through the Convious code embedded on a Convious Enabled Site, the information collected and processed includes:
We collect information about the computers, phones and other devices where you access Convious Enabled Sites. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us to provide consistent services across your devices. The following information may be collected related to Your device and browser:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers;
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address;
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals
- Preferred language used to display the Convious Enabled Site.
Information collected from websites and apps
- We collect information about the Convious Enabled Sites that you visit, your use of those websites and apps, and information the developers or publishers of the app or website provides to you or us.
- We collect email address you share with us to be able to deliver electronically purchased goods, invoices, reminders about purchased events and custom offers. We use your email address to provide you with customer services, send you service or support messages, updates, and other notifications. We also use your email address to facilitate your referral invitations, detect and prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity.
- You may choose to provide us when you fill a form, respond to surveys, participate in promotions or use other features of Convious or Convious Enabled Websites.
- We log and analyze your communication on Convious Enabled Sites for product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, we scan and analyze messages to improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communication to send third party marketing messages for you.
- We automatically collect log information when you use Convious Enabled Site. This information includes details of how you’ve used Convious Enabled Sites, IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (eg. crashes, browser type), pages you’ve viewed or engaged with. We also collect information related to your transactions on the Convious Enabled Site, including date and time, amount charged, payment type and other related transaction details. We do not collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information). referring URL and domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed.
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the Convious Enabled Site.
Most browsers allow You to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If You do not wish to have cookies placed on Your computer, please set Your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing any Convious Enabled Site. Please note that by doing so, some features of certain Convious Enabled Sites may become unavailable.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do we secure your information
Convious has implemented various measures to ensure that the information is adequately protected against unauthorised access, use, disclosure and destruction. Please keep in mind that risk can never be eliminated but can be significantly mitigated and reduced. All measures which Convious has taken significantly reduce the risk. Convious shall not be held liable by any Third Party, including You, in any event of unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure of information provided that such is not due to Gross Negligence, willful misconduct, fraud or bad faith by Convious.
Security measures adopted by Convious include:
- Access to the information stored within Convious’ servers is tiered and limited to Convious employees by job function that’s necessary to carry out their job responsibilities and to users designated on our Customer’s accounts and Third Parties who can access the information only in specific and limited circumstances and are bound by confidentiality. All accesses to the information stored within Convious is logged, reported and reviewed by our security team.
- Convious’ servers are protected by a) firewalls establishing a barrier between Our trusted, secure internal network and the Internet and b) IP restrictions, limiting access to whitelisted IPs; c) encrypted communication between services
- Each Customer may only access information pertaining to its Customer Website that it is tracking and to the specific End Users visiting such Customers Website;
- We use HTTPS for Convious’ Services providing secure transfer of data to prevent wiretapping and man-in-the-middle attacks;
Access and Disclosure
Convious does not rent or sell Your information, but we do disclose Your information to a limited set of trusted Third Parties in the situations explained below, for which You, by using our Services, hereby explicitly consent.
- We will disclose Your personal information where We are bound to do so, at law or via a court order as well as to meet any legal or regulatory requirement or obligations. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that those requirements or obligations are in accordance with Applicable Law;
- We reserve the right to disclose Your information to any Third Party if We have reasonable information to believe that the disclosure is necessary for the purpose of an investigation and/or for the enforcement of any breaches of the Terms of Service (if applicable), to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, technical issues or other irregularities or illegalities, protect the rights and interests as well as the property of Convious;
- We may also share aggregated, anonymized, non-personal information with any Third Party for advertising purposes.
If you are a visitor to Convious.com, this section applies to you.
Convious may obtain contact details for electronic mail in relation to the sale of its Services and may therefore use such details for direct marketing of its Services. In all correspondence, You shall have the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing free of charge.
You may access a broad range of information about Your interactions with Our Site, including updating of your Account details and information. As a data subject, You may ask Convious, as the Data Controller, to confirm whether any of Your personal data is being processed.
You may deactivate Your Convious account and/or unsubscribe from receiving content or offers from Us at any time, by using our Contact Us form. Following termination of Your account, we shall retain your personal information for a limited time for customer service issues only.
We use a select number of trusted Third Party providers to help us provide Services to You. We only share information with the Third Party that is required for the service they are offering and contractually bind these providers to keep any information We share with them as confidential and to be used only for particular purposes. For example, amongst others, We have providers that process Our credit card transactions, support Our internal ticketing/support system, and manage Our marketing communications. Similarly, it may be necessary to share Your personal information or part of it, with Amazon Web Services which stores the information within their servers, solely related to the storage facilities. By using Convious, You explicitly consent to, and authorize us to sub-contract in this manner.
If You have any concern about Your privacy, You are kindly requested to forward an email to Convious at legal@Convious.com containing a detailed description of Your concerns. Convious will do its best to resolve such issues within a reasonable time.
You have the right to object to the processing and collection of Your personal data, and to withdraw Your consent at any time, except where otherwise determined by Applicable Law. Whenever You withdraw consent, You acknowledge and accept that this may have a negative influence on the quality of the Convious Enabled Site and/or Services as well as may cause the impossibility of access to the Convious Enabled Site and/or Services. You further agree that Convious shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/ or damage to Your personal data.